Xplorer

A realtime editor for the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix-12 [GO TO WEBSITE]

You are not logged in.

#1 2015-02-17 04:47:54

mikelutgen

How Do You Activate this Product?

I received my email for activation, and there are zero instructions on how open this xplorer.lic file.

A search, came up with a bunch of programs that do not work on both Macintosh and Windows.

1) Why was there no instructions on a particular program to use, and how to use it?

2) WHy is there no direct technical support email for registered owners to get answers?

3) How do I activate this program that I paid for?

Last edited by mikelutgen (2015-02-17 12:48:22)

#2 2015-02-17 21:32:01

obiwan
Administrator

Re: How Do You Activate this Product?

Hi,

Sorry that you were are not able to use Xplorer yet.

Here is a summary of the procedure

- Click on the link to the xplorer.zip file provided in the email your receive and save it on your desktop.
- Save the xplorer.lic file that is attached into your email on your desktop.
- Extract all the content of the xplorer.zip somewhere on your desktop and double click "setup.exe". Follow the instructions.
- Once Xplorer is installed, double-click on the Xplorer icon on your desktop or by choosing Xplorer into your Windows menu.
- When Xplorer ask for the xplorer.lic file, click the '...' button to select the xplorer.lic file that you saved previously on your desktop.
- The product is activated.

...and detailed answers for each of your questions:

1) Why was there no instructions on a particular program to use, and how to use it?

The procedure is described in the email your received:

"We would like to thank you for choosing Xplorer and hope you enjoy it.
To download the product, please follow this link:
http://xplorer.programmer.free.fr/downl … plorer.zip
To install the product, extract the archive and launch the setup.exe file.
Note: To reduce download time, the dependency to Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile is not included in the product installer. The installer will download and install this dependency automatically if required. If you don't have an internet access on the machine where you install Xplorer, you can download and install this dependency manually from this link: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download … x?id=24872
IMPORTANT:
The license key file to activate the product is attached to this email.
Please keep your license key file in a safe place for future reuse. It’s your personal license key file. Do not share it.
Please visit the Xplorer forum for any Xplorer related request. You can also subscribe to the   and be kept automatically informed about new releases.
Best regards,
The Xplorer team - http://xplorer-editor.com"

2) WHy is there no direct technical support email for registered owners to get answers?
Because knowledge is better when it is shared by everyone. If someone else face the same issue, he will find help in the forum.

3) How do I activate this program that I paid for?

Everything is described in the user manual that is installed with the product. A copy of the user manual is available here:
http://xplorer.programmer.free.fr/downl … Manual.pdf

See the "Product Activation" chapter:

Product activation
The  first  time  Xplorer  is  started,  it  will  ask  you  for  the  activation  of  the  product.  You
should have received your license key file by email. Please select the location of the file
and click OK. The application will restart. Please keep your license key file in a safe place
for future reuse. It’s your personal license key file. Do not share it. "

I hope you will be happy using Xplorer as are already hundreds of users. May you still have problems, don't hesitate to ask.

#3 2015-03-02 12:19:44

obiwan
Administrator

Hi,

Could you please give feedback about your issue.
Thanks.

#4 2015-03-03 04:41:03

mikelutgen

THe Xplorer program was installed OK, and I am about to test it out on a Parallels Mac setup with Windows 7.

Board footer