Xplorer

A realtime editor for the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix-12 [GO TO WEBSITE]

You are not logged in.

#1 2014-09-10 03:48:45

davros303

Xplorer for other Oberheim products?

Hi there,

I'm a happy new owner of an Xpander, so will be purchasing your Xplorer software in the next few days. I'm curious to know whether you could be "commissioned" to adapt this editor for the Marion MSR2 (another Tom Oberheim creation). I have a 16 voice - 32 oscillator MSR2 and found a decent patch editor (also created by another Frenchmen!), however it's not setup to receive midi CC so I can't use my DAW or midi controller to change parameters, only by mouse. I've asked him if he would add this feature in but got no response. I would be prepared to pay for your time - obviously - and my  is the architecture could be somewhat similar to the Oberheim series since Tom designed it and included a mod matrix as per his previous synths.

Cheers,
David

#2 2014-09-11 18:27:49

obiwan
Administrator

Re: Xplorer for other Oberheim products?

Hi David,

Xplorer is a "free time" project, and I already lack a lot of time to implement some features in it (a good patch randomizer, graphical view of a patch, Matrix-1000/6/6R SysEx import and so on...). My goal is to provide a top notch software with a stability without any compromise on basic features. No time to do anything else. Hope you can understand that.
You should have a look to Bome's Midi Translator Pro, I think you can map MIDI message to a mouse gesture. It could be a solution to your problem.
http://www.bome.com/products/miditranslator/overview

Cheers,

Board footer