Xplorer

A realtime editor for the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix-12 [GO TO WEBSITE]

You are not logged in.

#1 2012-04-17 08:03:07

dougt
Website

[SOLVED] Mod Matrix not working

Hi, just trying it out for the first time with my Matrix-12 and it doesn't seem like the Mod Matrix is working right.

Xplorer v2012.4.15.9
Windows 7 Pro SP1 32-bit

The mod matrix settings aren't being transmitted to the synth correctly. When selecting a source the synth just displays the "Select Modulation Source" screen and waiting for the user to press one of the mod source buttons on the synth.

Also if modulations are currently  on the synth adjusting the amount in Xplorer just adjusts the amount of the first modulation for that parameter regardless of what source was selected.

#2 2012-04-17 11:48:09

obiwan
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Mod Matrix not working

Thank you for this submission.

Seems that the behavior is different between the Xpander and Matrix-12 as far as mod source selection is concerned. I 'll check deeply the MIDI Specifications.

Can you perhaps make another try with an increased MIDI Delay ?
- go  to the settings, set Midi Delay to 100 ms
-
- hit F12
- tweak the mod matrix.

Thank you.

EDIT: I sent you detailed instructions to record the SysEx messages, thank you.

#3 2012-04-21 09:06:26

obiwan
Administrator

Re: [SOLVED] Mod Matrix not working

I got positive feedback from Doug, and I post here the solution for the other Matrix-12 owners.

After some tests, it appears that increasing the MIDI Delay to 100 ms did solve the problem. So if you get the "Select Modulation Source", set first the MIDI Delay to a bigger value until it works (say 100 ms). Then you can try to lower the value until you reach the critical value (when the "Select Modulation Source" appears). The best value will be critical value + a bunch of additional milliseconds.

That's how we speak with old synths that have their own personality smile

I will change the default MIDI Delay to 100 ms in the settings when the synthesizer type is Matrix-12.

Board footer