Xplorer

A realtime editor for the Oberheim Xpander/Matrix-12 [GO TO WEBSITE]

You are not logged in.

#1 2013-03-08 20:13:40

Nelson Baboon

Unable to open Xplorer in Vmware Fusion

Using OS X 10.7.4, and vmware Fusion 4.14 running Windows 7.

I installed this morning. It took a couple of minutes the first time I tried to open it, but eventually it did open, and seemed to successfully grab the license file.

However, subsequently, it simply would not open at all. I get a window which seems to suggest that it is starting (from my recollection, steps 1 and 2, or something like that), but then nothing at all.

I'm at a loss right now.

Last edited by Nelson Baboon (2013-03-08 20:17:39)

#2 2013-03-09 00:00:13

obiwan
Administrator

Re: Unable to open Xplorer in Vmware Fusion

I resent to your email address a license key file.
Can you please retry with this one ?
I tested it on a real Windows 7 and it works without problems.
If this not works, can you please provide the informations specified in this post: http://xplorer.programmer.free.fr/bb/viewtopic.php?id=8
It could come from Vmware too. BTW, did you have a try with Parallels ?

#3 2013-03-09 17:23:12

Nelson Baboon

I wasn't able to get it to work, but maybe I'm just not facile enough with Windows....I wasn't sure how to get it to reload a license file. I ran the windows uninstaller, and reinstalled from the zip file. I deleted the first license file, and replaced it with the new one. But as opposed to the first time around, I couldn't get to a prompt for me to link to the license file.

#4 2013-03-09 22:45:36

obiwan
Administrator

Changing the licence file like you do is ok. What I can say now is that the problem is surely not coming from the licence file.
I  this comes from VmWare. Did you installed the Vmware tools in VmWare ? : http://www.vmware.com/support/ws55/doc/ … ls_ws.html
BTW, did you have a try with Parallels ? 
In this post, orangefunk was able to make it run with Parallels: http://xplorer.programmer.free.fr/bb/vi … php?id=104

Can you please provide the informations specified in this post: http://xplorer.programmer.free.fr/bb/viewtopic.php?id=8
Wich version of Windows 7 are you using  ? (32 bits, 64 bits, SP1, wich version, wich language ?)
Wich MIDI interface are you using ? wich version of drivers ? etc...
Please let me know.

I could made a test with a evaluation version of VmWare on OS X, but because I don't own a real MAC, my OS X version is already running in a VirtualBox virtual machine, wich will not simplify the debugging of this problem.

Last edited by obiwan (2013-03-09 23:07:23)

#5 2013-03-21 21:00:55

Nelson Baboon

I will probably make another attempt at this over the weekend. I realize that I didn't answer all of your questions above, so I'll have to do that later (don't know the answer to all of them). I can't even remember which midi interface that I had installed, etc.....I did not try Parallels. I think that I have it, but I would have to totally review how to use it, whether i need an , etc. Hoping not to get into all of that. I might  the vmware to the latest version to see if that helps also (though it's a paid upgrade which I had hoped I didn't need).

In any case - this brings me to another question. I actually have an xpander coming tomorrow, in addition to the matrix 12. Can Xplorer handle both of them simultaneously?

Note - just realized that there might be some user error here. I think that I tried using a midisport 2x2. But previously I had used a motu interface on the vmware machine, and so I might never have installed drivers for the midisport.

I will try this all again.

Last edited by Nelson Baboon (2013-03-21 21:03:30)

#6 2013-03-21 23:38:22

obiwan
Administrator

I will probably make another attempt at this over the weekend. I realize that I didn't answer all of your questions above, so I'll have to do that later (don't know the answer to all of them). I can't even remember which midi interface that I had installed, etc.....I did not try Parallels. I think that I have it, but I would have to totally review how to use it, whether i need an , etc. Hoping not to get into all of that. I might  the vmware to the latest version to see if that helps also (though it's a paid upgrade which I had hoped I didn't need).

In any case - this brings me to another question. I actually have an xpander coming tomorrow, in addition to the matrix 12. Can Xplorer handle both of them simultaneously?

Note - just realized that there might be some user error here. I think that I tried using a midisport 2x2. But previously I had used a motu interface on the vmware machine, and so I might never have installed drivers for the midisport.

I will try this all again.

Nelson Baboon wrote:

OMG, man, that's 18 voices ! cool

As far as your question is concerned, I'm sorry but the answer is no, and this for two main reasons:
- Xplorer does not allow multiple instances of itself to run at the same time mainly to avoid MIDI port sharing problems.
- If you look at the settings, you must choose your synthesizer type, this is because some sysex messages are differents between Xpander and Matrix-12 even if they share 98% of their implementation.

It may work using two different virtual machines simultaneously with two differents MIDI interfaces, each running its own Xplorer instance, but this really depends on how your hardware configuration can handle this.

#7 2013-03-21 23:44:04

Nelson Baboon

hmmm. But would I be able to quickly change between them?

But from what you're saying above, I could not save a patch on one, and send it to the other? I was hoping to be able to do that.....obviously there are some differences between them, but I have a vague recollection of reading at one point that you could interchange patches.

In any case - yes - 18 voices! But another inspiration was the fact that the xpander has those cv inputs, and can do cv to midi (and as I recall, you can do this totally independently of the sound functionality).

#8 2013-03-22 01:25:58

obiwan
Administrator

Nelson Baboon wrote:

hmmm. But would I be able to quickly change between them?

But from what you're saying above, I could not save a patch on one, and send it to the other? I was hoping to be able to do that.....obviously there are some differences between them, but I have a vague recollection of reading at one point that you could interchange patches.

As far as patches are concerned, and as far as I remember, they are 100% compatibles between them. So what you can do is doing editing with Xplorer on one synth in a single VM, save the patch (into a file), re-plug the midi cables to the other synth with the same midi interface and reload the previously saved patch into it. You may need to change the synth type in the settings if this does not work at the first time. Just try it.

In any case - yes - 18 voices! But another inspiration was the fact that the xpander has those cv inputs, and can do cv to midi (and as I recall, you can do this totally independently of the sound functionality).

Yes this is really a killer feature. I 'm able to control my Xpander and other MIDI equipments with my PAiA Theremax, via its CV output, it's really amazing to play a VSTi with the Theremin antenna smile

#9 2013-03-23 21:40:33

Nelson Baboon

ugh. not a good day so far. upgraded vmware fusion, as well as the mac os while I was at it. Same result with Xplorer. I did note that I'm running the 64 bit version of windows 7. Then my xpander arrived, and it apparently was damaged in shipping. The bottom display is totally out. I'll probably just give up for now.

#10 2013-03-23 22:49:43

obiwan
Administrator

As far as the display is concerned, perhaps the connector to the display has a bad contact. You will need to open the Xpander to verify this.
If the display is out, you may ask the Xpantastic user group: http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/xpantastic/, or check this site: http://www.lenham.clara.net/sound/obvfd.html

For Xplorer, I'll made a try with VmWare fusion in my OSX in VirtualBox, but can't promise anything.

#11 2013-03-24 16:38:52

Nelson Baboon

Parallels won't be a solution. It turns out that I would need to upgrade it for Mountain Lion, and it would cost another $49.99. I'm really not sure I want to do that.

I did open up the xpander, and I didn't see anything amiss in the obvious connections. I did ask on analog heaven, and was led to this place in the uk that sells replacement displays (though quite expensive). The seller seems willing to do this, if we can get one, but then the question will be how easy it is to install. I am not exactly competent when it comes to hardware stuff...

Do you think that using the 64 bit version of windows is making a difference? I don't use windows much (except at work) but I vaguely recall it's pretty easy to switch back to 32 bit (?) - just a preference and reboot (?) - but I just don't really remember.

#12 2013-03-24 17:58:45

obiwan
Administrator

Parallels won't be a solution. It turns out that I would need to upgrade it for Mountain Lion, and it would cost another $49.99. I'm really not sure I want to do that.

I did open up the xpander, and I didn't see anything amiss in the obvious connections. I did ask on analog heaven, and was led to this place in the uk that sells replacement displays (though quite expensive). The seller seems willing to do this, if we can get one, but then the question will be how easy it is to install. I am not exactly competent when it comes to hardware stuff...

Nelson Baboon wrote:

Do you think that using the 64 bit version of windows is making a difference? I don't use windows much (except at work) but I vaguely recall it's pretty easy to switch back to 32 bit (?) - just a preference and reboot (?) - but I just don't really remember.

No, as far as I know, you will to fully reinstall Windows.
(FYI, Xplorer is compiled as a 32 bits application, so it can run on both 32 and 64 bits Windows. Before each release, it is fully tested on both 32 and 64 bits Windows platform (XP, Vista, Windows 7 & 8) and different languages (English,German,French))

Perhaps a dumb question, but did you test that your MIDI interface is working in your Virtual Machine ?

Can you please copy/paste the content of Xplorer's log file in this post ?
On Windows 7 64bits, this file is located under C:\ProgramData\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer\applog.txt.
Thank you.

#13 2013-03-25 17:41:29

Nelson Baboon

ok. will send the log file.

I didn't test to see whether the interface was actually working, since I'm not sure at this point whether I have any midi applications installed in windows, plus the motu has worked in the past.

But can midi be the issue if xplorer won't load in the first place?

obiwan wrote:

Nelson Baboon wrote:

No, as far as I know, you will to fully reinstall Windows.
(FYI, Xplorer is compiled as a 32 bits application, so it can run on both 32 and 64 bits Windows. Before each release, it is fully tested on both 32 and 64 bits Windows platform (XP, Vista, Windows 7 & 8) and different languages (English,German,French))

Perhaps a dumb question, but did you test that your MIDI interface is working in your Virtual Machine ?

Can you please copy/paste the content of Xplorer's log file in this post ?
On Windows 7 64bits, this file is located under C:\ProgramData\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer\applog.txt.
Thank you.

#14 2013-03-27 16:05:55

Nelson Baboon

the application is in program files (x86) or something like that, but in program directory, there is no such log file.

#15 2013-03-28 23:00:31

obiwan
Administrator

Don't you have the C:\ProgramData\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer\ and/or C:\ProgramData\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer\XplorerData directories on your Windows System ?
Dont' you have a file called applog.txt into it ?

#16 2013-03-28 23:02:44

Nelson Baboon

It looked pretty blatant that I didn't. I'll check again later. I didn't even see a directory called 'programdata'.

#17 2013-03-28 23:20:20

obiwan
Administrator

Maybe this is coming from the configuration of your windows that hides system directories.
If your copy/paste  "C:\ProgramData\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer\" in the text box in Windows Explorer where you see ">Computer>blablabla(C:)", can't you access this directory ?

FYI, I'm currently downloading VmWare Fusion (5.0.3)to make a test on my virtual OSX (10.8) machine to make the test. OMG, running a virtual Windows 7 on a Virtual OSX on a real Windows 7 neutral

#18 2013-03-28 23:29:48

Nelson Baboon

oh. Well, I don't like to hide things (extensions, directories) but I haven't messed with the windows configuration at all, and in fact have hardly used windows at all on my mac. I used it initially when I got the computer, but then the 'thrill' wore off...I will try accessing this later.

#19 2013-03-29 02:31:18

Nelson Baboon

This is all that's in there:
[7:51:07 AM:458] OFF: Xplorer version: 2012.10.24.1
                           _ooOoo_
                          o8888888o
                          88" . "88
                          (| -_- |)
                          O\  =  /O
                       ____/`---'\____
                     .'  \\|     |//  `.
                    /  \\|||  :  |||//  \
                   /  _||||| -:- |||||_  \
                   |   | \\\  -  /'| |   |
                   | \_|  `\`---'//  |_/ |
                   \  .-\__ `-. -'__/-.  /
                 ___`. .'  /--.--\  `. .'___
              ."" '<  `.___\_<|>_/___.' _> \"".
             | | :  `- \`. ;`. _/; .'/ /  .' ; |
             \  \ `-.   \_\_`. _.'_/_/  -' _.' /
==============`-.`___`-.__\ \___  /__.-'_.'_.-'====================
The only things which do not change are the laws of change (Buddha)
===================================================================
[7:51:07 AM:458] OFF: Logger.TraceLevel is: Off

#20 2013-03-29 11:21:17

obiwan
Administrator

Looks like it's hanging up while or before detecting the MIDI devices.

I wrote a little tool that may help me sorting this thing out some time ago. Can you please follow theses steps:

First ensure that DirectX is enabled on Fusion (Since I don't own a Mac, I don't know exactly how to do this on Fusion, can you please check the . You may try to activate 3D Graphics with DirectX support, or maybe it is already integrated).

1) Download the archive at this URL:
http://xplorer.programmer.free.fr/downl … erator.zip

In your Windows running in Fusion:
2) Unzip the whole content in a temporary folder
3) Launch the executable named "MIDIDevicesEnumerator.exe"
4) You will see a user interface with 2 buttons: one to get the list of the MIDI devices using DirectX, another one using WinMM (what Xplorer is doing). The devices will be listed in the list under each buttons.
5) Click on both buttons. Please note that getting devices using DirectX may take some times.
6) Please copy/paste the whole results of each list in this post.

Thank you.

If this does not give me more info, we'll need to go to the dark side of the Force...

#21 2013-03-29 15:13:54

Nelson Baboon

WinMM:
=== INPUT Port count: 5
---- INPUT DEVICE # 0 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 1
  version: (v6.1)
  mid: 1
  pid: 103
  support: 0
---- INPUT DEVICE # 1 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 2
---- INPUT DEVICE # 2 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 3
---- INPUT DEVICE # 3 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 4
---- INPUT DEVICE # 4 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 5
=== OUTPUT Port count: 6
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 0 ----
  name: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth
  version: (v1.0)
  pid: 27
  support: 1
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 1 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 1
  pid: 102
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 2 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 2
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 3 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 3
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 4 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 4
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 5 ----
  name: micro lite: Port 5

DirectX:
=== INPUT Port count: 5
---- INPUT DEVICE # 1 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 1 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 8b811d07-c94a-48f9-b140-17026f344cf4
  : 0
  dwEffectFlags: 0
  dwFeatures: 0
  dwFlags: EXTERNAL
  dwfShare: 0
  dwMaxAudioChannels: 0
  dwMaxChannelGroups: 1
  dwMaxVoices: 0
  dwMemorySize: 0
  dwSampleRate: 0
  dwType: 0
---- INPUT DEVICE # 2 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 2 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: a3ac1093-c68c-4685-a123-75f777fce7a5
---- INPUT DEVICE # 3 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 3 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: cfcd3504-5641-4f47-9873-e36bc7f3d475
---- INPUT DEVICE # 4 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 4 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 849877bd-4509-46bc-b24a-976822ff5e07
---- INPUT DEVICE # 5 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 5 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 78bc4117-44fd-45f5-a87d-dbd913ab17c0
=== OUTPUT Port count: 8
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 1 ----
  szPortDescription: Microsoft MIDI Mapper [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: bcef753f-7961-40f9-8af2-3b9700e06dc3
  : 1
  dwFlags: SHAREABLE
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 2 ----
  szPortDescription: Microsoft GS Wavetable Synth [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 57f5d02f-7e2c-44db-ab4f-41ba5b238cc6
  dwFlags: SHAREABLE
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 3 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 1 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 0f4c3472-8f56-4fa3-bad1-283a09e03e05
  dwFlags: EXTERNAL, SHAREABLE
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 4 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 2 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 95417301-2dbc-4bcc-a154-82e34b1218c1
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 5 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 3 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 995452d9-852a-4fb3-aeec-3e69e8d7f468
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 6 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 4 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 3b2ca6f4-6d3e-4d8a-bff7-63beb006f87b
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 7 ----
  szPortDescription: micro lite: Port 5 [Emulated]
  guidSynthGUID: 11c8f874-0fb9-487e-83af-e68d97ebcffb
---- OUTPUT DEVICE # 8 ----
  szPortDescription: Microsoft Synthesizer
  guidSynthGUID: 58c2b4d0-46e7-11d1-89ac-00a0c9054129
  dwEffectFlags: 1
  dwFlags: DLS, SOFTWARESYNTH, DIRECTSOUND, DLS2, AUDIOPATH, WAVE
  dwMaxAudioChannels: 2
  dwMaxChannelGroups: 1000
  dwMaxVoices: 1000
  dwMemorySize: 2147483647
  dwType: 1

#22 2013-03-29 18:13:29

obiwan
Administrator

Ok, now I have another task for you if you don't mind.

I sent you a file by email.

Can you please follow these steps:
- copy the attached file Xplorer.exe.Config file into the C:\Program Files (x86)\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer (where the file Xplorer.exe is located) (without renaming it).
- launch Xplorer
- post here the content of the applog.txt file located in C:\ProgramData\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer\. This file should content more informations that the first one you post into this forum.
- you can then remove the Xplorer.exe.config file.

Thank you.

#23 2013-03-30 17:20:45

Nelson Baboon

yes - that certainly produced more information:
[9:18:03 AM:203] OFF: Xplorer version: 2012.10.24.1
                           _ooOoo_
                          o8888888o
                          88" . "88
                          (| -_- |)
                          O\  =  /O
                       ____/`---'\____
                     .'  \\|     |//  `.
                    /  \\|||  :  |||//  \
                   /  _||||| -:- |||||_  \
                   |   | \\\  -  /'| |   |
                   | \_|  `\`---'//  |_/ |
                   \  .-\__ `-. -'__/-.  /
                 ___`. .'  /--.--\  `. .'___
              ."" '<  `.___\_<|>_/___.' _> \"".
             | | :  `- \`. ;`. _/; .'/ /  .' ; |
             \  \ `-.   \_\_`. _.'_/_/  -' _.' /
==============`-.`___`-.__\ \___  /__.-'_.'_.-'====================
The only things which do not change are the laws of change (Buddha)
===================================================================
[9:18:03 AM:250] OFF: Logger.TraceLevel is: Verbose
[9:18:09 AM:149] WAR:   : LoadSettings() device name error
[9:18:10 AM:476] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_20, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_20] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_20
[9:18:10 AM:476] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_19, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_19] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_19
[9:18:10 AM:476] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_18, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_18] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_18
[9:18:10 AM:476] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_17, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_17] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_17
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LFO_X_WAVESHAPE, tag:LFO_X_WAVESHAPE] for parameter LFO_1_WAVESHAPE
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_16, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_16] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_16
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LFO_X_SAMPLE_INPUT, tag:LFO_X_SAMPLE_INPUT] for parameter LFO_1_SAMPLE_INPUT
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_15, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_15] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_15
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_TRIG_SINGLE_MULTI, tag:ENV_X_TRIG_SINGLE_MULTI] for parameter ENV_1_TRIG_SINGLE_MULTI
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_14, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_14] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_14
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_13, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_13] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_13
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_12, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_12] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_12
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_11, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_11] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_11
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LFO_X_RETRIG_MODE, tag:LFO_X_RETRIG_MODE] for parameter LFO_1_RETRIG_MODE
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_10, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_10] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_10
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_9, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_9] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_9
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_8, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_8] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_8
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LAG_IN, tag:LAG_IN] for parameter LAG_IN
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_7, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_7] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_7
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:RAMP_X_TRIG_LFO_SOURCE, tag:RAMP_X_TRIG_LFO_SOURCE] for parameter RAMP_1_TRIG_LFO_SOURCE
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:RAMP_X_TRIG_GATED, tag:RAMP_X_TRIG_GATED] for parameter RAMP_1_TRIG_GATED
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:RAMP_X_TRIG_LFOTRIG, tag:RAMP_X_TRIG_LFOTRIG] for parameter RAMP_1_TRIG_LFOTRIG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:RAMP_X_TRIG_EXTRIG, tag:RAMP_X_TRIG_EXTRIG] for parameter RAMP_1_TRIG_EXTRIG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_MODE, tag:VCF_MODE] for parameter VCF_MODE
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LFO_X_LAG, tag:LFO_X_LAG] for parameter LFO_1_LAG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_6, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_6] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_6
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_5, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_5] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_5
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:TRACK_X_IN, tag:TRACK_X_IN] for parameter TRACK_1_IN
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_4, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_4] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_4
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_3, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_3] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_3
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_2, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_2] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_2
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_MODE_DADR, tag:ENV_X_MODE_DADR] for parameter ENV_1_MODE_DADR
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_MODE_FREERUN, tag:ENV_X_MODE_FREERUN] for parameter ENV_1_MODE_FREERUN
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_MODE_RESET, tag:ENV_X_MODE_RESET] for parameter ENV_1_MODE_RESET
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:RAMP_X_TRIG_SINGLE_MULTI, tag:RAMP_X_TRIG_SINGLE_MULTI] for parameter RAMP_1_TRIG_SINGLE_MULTI
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_TRIG_LFO_SOURCE, tag:ENV_X_TRIG_LFO_SOURCE] for parameter ENV_1_TRIG_LFO_SOURCE
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_TRIG_GATED, tag:ENV_X_TRIG_GATED] for parameter ENV_1_TRIG_GATED
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_TRIG_LFOTRIG, tag:ENV_X_TRIG_LFOTRIG] for parameter ENV_1_TRIG_LFOTRIG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_TRIG_EXTRIG, tag:ENV_X_TRIG_EXTRIG] for parameter ENV_1_TRIG_EXTRIG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_QUANTIZE_1, tag:MOD_QUANTIZE_1] for parameter MOD_QUANTIZE_1
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:FM_DESTINATION, tag:FM_DESTINATION] for parameter FM_DESTINATION
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LAG_MODE_LEGATO, tag:LAG_MODE_LEGATO] for parameter LAG_MODE_LEGATO
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_20] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_20] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_MOD_VIB, tag:VCF_MOD_VIB] for parameter VCF_MOD_VIB
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_MOD_LEV1, tag:VCF_MOD_LEV1] for parameter VCF_MOD_LEV1
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_MOD_LAG, tag:VCF_MOD_LAG] for parameter VCF_MOD_LAG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_MOD_KEYB, tag:VCF_MOD_KEYB] for parameter VCF_MOD_KEYB
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LAG_TIMING_LINEAR_EXPO, tag:LAG_TIMING_LINEAR_EXPO] for parameter LAG_TIMING_LINEAR_EXPO
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_20, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_20] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_20
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_19] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LAG_LINEAR_EQUAL_TIME, tag:LAG_LINEAR_EQUAL_TIME] for parameter LAG_LINEAR_EQUAL_TIME
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_WAVE_SYNC, tag:VCO2_WAVE_SYNC] for parameter VCO2_WAVE_SYNC
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_MOD_VIB, tag:VCO2_MOD_VIB] for parameter VCO2_MOD_VIB
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_MOD_LEV1, tag:VCO2_MOD_LEV1] for parameter VCO2_MOD_LEV1
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_MOD_LAG, tag:VCO2_MOD_LAG] for parameter VCO2_MOD_LAG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_MOD_KEYB, tag:VCO2_MOD_KEYB] for parameter VCO2_MOD_KEYB
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_19] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_19, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_19] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_19
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_MOD_VIB, tag:VCO1_MOD_VIB] for parameter VCO1_MOD_VIB
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_MOD_LEV1, tag:VCO1_MOD_LEV1] for parameter VCO1_MOD_LEV1
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_MOD_LAG, tag:VCO1_MOD_LAG] for parameter VCO1_MOD_LAG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_MOD_KEYB, tag:VCO1_MOD_KEYB] for parameter VCO1_MOD_KEYB
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_PULSE, tag:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_PULSE] for parameter VCO2_WAVESHAPE_PULSE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_18] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_18] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_18, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_18] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_18
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_NOISE, tag:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_NOISE] for parameter VCO2_WAVESHAPE_NOISE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_17] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_17] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_SAW, tag:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_SAW] for parameter VCO2_WAVESHAPE_SAW
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_TRI, tag:VCO2_WAVESHAPE_TRI] for parameter VCO2_WAVESHAPE_TRI
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_17, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_17] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_17
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_WAVESHAPE_PULSE, tag:VCO1_WAVESHAPE_PULSE] for parameter VCO1_WAVESHAPE_PULSE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_16] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_16] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:RAMP_X_RATE, tag:RAMP_X_RATE] for parameter RAMP_1_RATE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_15] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_16, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_16] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_16
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_15] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LFO_X_AMP, tag:LFO_X_AMP] for parameter LFO_1_AMP
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LFO_X_RETRIG, tag:LFO_X_RETRIG] for parameter LFO_1_RETRIG
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_15, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_15] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_15
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:LFO_X_SPEED, tag:LFO_X_SPEED] for parameter LFO_1_SPEED
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_14] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_WAVESHAPE_SAW, tag:VCO1_WAVESHAPE_SAW] for parameter VCO1_WAVESHAPE_SAW
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_14] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_14, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_14] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_14
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_WAVESHAPE_TRI, tag:VCO1_WAVESHAPE_TRI] for parameter VCO1_WAVESHAPE_TRI
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:FMLAG_RATE, tag:FMLAG_RATE] for parameter FMLAG_RATE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_13] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_13] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:FM_AMP, tag:FM_AMP] for parameter FM_AMP
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:TRACK_X_PT5, tag:TRACK_X_POINT_5] for parameter TRACK_1_POINT_5
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_13, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_13] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_13
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_12] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_12] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:TRACK_X_PT4, tag:TRACK_X_POINT_4] for parameter TRACK_1_POINT_4
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:TRACK_X_PT3, tag:TRACK_X_POINT_3] for parameter TRACK_1_POINT_3
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_12, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_12] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_12
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:TRACK_X_PT2, tag:TRACK_X_POINT_2] for parameter TRACK_1_POINT_2
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_11] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:TRACK_X_PT1, tag:TRACK_X_POINT_1] for parameter TRACK_1_POINT_1
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_PW, tag:VCO2_PW] for parameter VCO2_PW
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_11] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_11, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_11] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_11
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_DELAY, tag:ENV_X_DELAY] for parameter ENV_1_DELAY
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_10] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_VOLUME, tag:VCO2_VOLUME] for parameter VCO2_VOLUME
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_DETUNE, tag:VCO2_DETUNE] for parameter VCO2_DETUNE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_10] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_VOLUME, tag:ENV_X_VOLUME] for parameter ENV_1_VOLUME
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_10, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_10] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_10
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_9] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_RELEASE, tag:ENV_X_RELEASE] for parameter ENV_1_RELEASE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_9] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_SUSTAIN, tag:ENV_X_SUSTAIN] for parameter ENV_1_SUSTAIN
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_9, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_9] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_9
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_DECAY, tag:ENV_X_DECAY] for parameter ENV_1_DECAY
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:ENV_X_ATTACK, tag:ENV_X_ATTACK] for parameter ENV_1_ATTACK
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_8] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_8] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO2_FREQ, tag:VCO2_FREQ] for parameter VCO2_FREQ
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_VCA2_VOLUME, tag:VCF_VCA2_VOLUME] for parameter VCF_VCA2_VOLUME
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_8, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_8] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_8
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_7] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_7] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_VCA1_VOLUME, tag:VCF_VCA1_VOLUME] for parameter VCF_VCA1_VOLUME
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_7, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_7] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_7
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_6] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_RES, tag:VCF_RES] for parameter VCF_RES
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_PW, tag:VCO1_PW] for parameter VCO1_PW
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCF_FREQ, tag:VCF_FREQ] for parameter VCF_FREQ
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_6] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_6, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_6] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_6
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_FREQ, tag:VCO1_FREQ] for parameter VCO1_FREQ
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_VOLUME, tag:VCO1_VOLUME] for parameter VCO1_VOLUME
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_5] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:VCO1_DETUNE, tag:VCO1_DETUNE] for parameter VCO1_DETUNE
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_5] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_1, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_1] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_1
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_5, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_5] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_5
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_1] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_4] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_1] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_4] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_4, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_4] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_4
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_3] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_2, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_2] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_2
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_3] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_SRC_2] for registered control
[9:18:10 AM:492] VER:   : Registering control [name:MOD_AMNT_SRC_3, tag:MOD_AMNT_SRC_3] for parameter MOD_AMNT_SRC_3
[9:18:10 AM:492] WAR:   : Could not find parameter [MOD_DEST_2] for registered control

#24 2013-03-30 18:17:08

obiwan
Administrator

The problem seems to come from Xplorer when it tries to get informations from system (displays and MIDI ports).

Can you try the following:

- select the C:\Program Files (x86)\xplorer-editor.com\Xplorer (where the file Xplorer.exe is located)  in Windows Explorer (in the left tree view) and right click on it while keeping the Left Shift Key down.
- you should have a context menu with a choice like "Open a command line here" or something like that.
- select this choice.
- a command line window will then open.
- if you type "dir" (without "") and the press enter you should see a list of files in which you have xplorer.exe
- then enter the following commande line: xplorer.exe /reset and the press Enter. This will reset the user setttings.
- then try to restart Xplorer

Thank you.

FYI, I was not able to install Vmware Fusion in my OS virtual machine. Something with the memory hypervisor I don't understand yet.

#25 2013-03-31 16:24:40

Nelson Baboon

I did the above (got the warning message about deleting the settings, etc, so I'm pretty sure it was accomplished), but the program still didn't load (got 2 screens as usual, and then it closed). Did you need me to paste in the log file again?

Board footer